Monday, March 15, 2010

A letter to Abigail

Dear Abigail,
Words cannot even describe how much your mommy and daddy love you.  I sit hear writing this letter to you as you lay asleep in your crib.  I have prayed for you my whole life and I have had dreams of you before you were born.  You were loved long before your arrival. 

When you were born I never thought of the possibility of having to see you go through the pain and sleepless nights that you have been going through since your diagnosis of Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip.  When mommy and daddy had to hand you over to the surgical team on the afternoon of January 18, 2010, our hearts broke and tears filled our eyes as we saw our precious baby girl smiling at us as the O.R. doors shut behind you.  I will never forget the sight of your little face peeping over the doctor's shoulder and a beautiful smile upon your face. 

You have been in your cast for 8 weeks now and we have adjusted to it fairly well.  It is never easy to see your baby in pain and mommy and daddy's heart ache constantly.  You are the bravest little girl that I have ever known.  You have taught your mommy and daddy more than we could have ever learned.  So what you can't roll over--so what you cannot crawl, scoot, or stand, and so what people stare at your little legs--you go on smiling, cooing, and laughing at anything and everything that brings you joy in your little life.  Let me tell you kid, that smile of yours is going to break some hearts one day!  My favorite thing in the world is waking up in the middle of the night with you.  No matter how tired you are, or how mad you get at mommy--I can always expect a big smile from my sunshine girl!

My comfort in my life is being your mother and loving you.  You have brought so much joy, love, and happiness in mommy and daddy's lives and we love you more and more everyday.  We pray that your cast will be removed on April 14, 2010 and we will get the brace, but we cannot tell if we may need to have another surgery--time will tell.  But I will tell you one thing baby girl, mommy and daddy will always be here for you and with you.  You are the answer to our prayers and you couldn't be more perfect.  One day you will look back at all of the pictures mommy and daddy have taken of you in your cast and you will ask for us to tell you stories of the Spica Cast days.

Stay strong my precious angel.  I love you always and forever--more and more everyday!!
Always, Your Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Sweet letter to sweet Abigail!!! Hope things progress as planned with the cast.

    ReplyDelete