Saturday, December 21, 2013

Eli Forester Wisian

Well, I think it is time that I start blogging again as I am so blessed to be a mother of two!  Yes, a lot has happened since I last posted over a year ago.  We unfortunately lost a baby last year and it took awhile to recover from that loss and basically have my body heal.  2012 was certainly a little more difficult for us than we wanted, but God has answered our prayers after many months of waiting for our precious little one. 

Finally in March 2013 we got a big fat positive pregnancy test and received the news that we were expecting a new baby November 2013.  The specific due date was November 15, 2013.  Even after receiving this news we were still very nervous about the progression of the pregnancy.  We were on pins and needles everyday as I was so afraid of miscarrying again; however, we know everything is in God's hands and our Faith has never been stronger.   I didn't want to post or blog anything about our new little one-to-be as I wanted to wait until he or she arrived. 

We had several ultrasounds during this pregnancy as the doctor's found what they call a Choroid Plexus Cyst in the baby's brain and they wanted to follow up with the baby's development. Thank God the cyst disappeared around the 26th week of pregnancy and he or she continued to develop perfectly.  I did everything that I could to take care of myself and the baby.  We did not find out the sex of the baby and waited until delivery to see what God have given us.  We did this with Abigail and it was such an amazing surprise. 

Now onto the birth date of our new precious son, Eli Forester Wisian.  weighing 9 lbs, 12 ounces, and 21 inches long. 

 It appeared that our baby loved the womb and was one week late; therefore, my doctor wanted to induce me on November 22, 2013. I started feeling mild contractions throughout the night before my induction but nothing that kept me up. . My contractions got a little stronger throughout the morning but didn't really hurt quite yet.  It was 5:00am when the hospital told us to come in by 7:15am for induction.  We woke Abigail up, pack her a bag full of toys. games, books, and snacks to keep her occupied while she was at my dad's house during the day.  Clayton and I were in the car on our way to Woman's Hospital of Texas to meet our new baby.  Clayton leaned over towards me in the car and jokingly said, "Are you ready for our date. "  This made me laugh because it was kind of like we were on a date.  Hey, when you are parents you take what you can get and call it a date.  To me, it was one of the best dates we have ever had...the other date that tops the list is the day Abigail was born.  I guess you could call these the baby dates!  :-)

We got to the hospital around 7:20 and checked into our room on the 3rd floor where we got to meet our amazing labor and delivery nurse, Cassie.  Dr. Holste, my amazing OB was in an emergency surgery but I was put on a monitor as soon as I got there. Yes, I was definitely having consistent contractions at this time but they did not hurt.  I am so happy that my body started  going into labor on its own.   By the time Dr. Holste got to our room she checked me and I was already at 4 centimeters dilated.  She broke my water and put me on a little bit of Pitocin to get things going more consistently .  I did not need much Pitocin as my contractions were naturally getting stronger especially with my water now broken.  Of course, the nurses had a difficult time getting the IV in as my veins kept blowing out...that was the most painful part of labor and delivery.  Dr. Holste stayed with me for the next 30 minutes or so to monitor my pain and just the chat.  It was great that she was there chatting it up with me because it took my mind off of any pain.  By this time it was about 12:30pm or so and I just started feeling the pain from the contractions. Dr. Holste could tell that I was having a harder time getting through my sentences and asked me, "So, do you think you want that Epidural now?"  I said, "Well, why not...why should I be in pain when I really don't have to be."  I am so thankful that she asked me because I am one to not ask for the pain medication...this is what happened during my labor with Abigail.  I waited until I went through the transitional phase of labor (very painful part of laboring) before I finally mentioned the Epidural.  This time, I got the Epidural  much earlier and let me tell you the experience was actually fun and completely pain free. 

The Epidural was administered around 12:40 or so...maybe before or later--cannot really remember the exact time.  Easy epidural and I was pain free 15 minutes later.  I could feel my body go through the transitional phase but without pain and I was laughing and talking it up with Clayton and the nurse all because I had my epidural.  Cassie stayed with me the whole time to monitor the baby and I.  Around 1:30pm she told me that she would check my cervix again in about an hour; however, 15 minutes later I told her that I was feeling some intense pressure so she went ahead and checked and sure enough I was a complete 10 centimeters dilated.  She got things ready, called my doctor and then we started some "practice pushes".  There I was getting ready for my practice push and within only doing two pushes my nurse quickly said, "Ok, you are a good pusher...so let's get the doctor in here pretty soon."  They told me to stop pushing as the baby was already down low.  Once the doctor came in the room I was very ready to push---no pain...just pressure.  I pushed about one or two times and then I heard my doctor said, "Ok, now let me just suction out the baby's nose and mouth."  I could not believe what I had heard...the baby's head was already  out!!! When she told me that it was ok to push again, I barely had to do anything and the baby was out.  Everyone in the room was smiling and my doctor said, "You call it daddy...what is it a boy or a girl?"  The next thing I heard was my husband saying...actually almost yelling..."It's a boy!  It's my boy!".  I looked over at his face and he was gleaming with pride.  Then the doctors placed our son onto my chest where he began to cry.  As he was crying I gently started speaking to him and he suddenly stopped crying and opened his beautiful eyes to look up at me as if he knew exactly who I was.  This was one of the most precious moments I have had in my life...the other is when his sister, Abigail, was born and did the same thing as I spoke to her right after she was born.  I cannot put into words how much we are in love with our little man.  He is truly a gift from God and we treasure every moment with him.  Our children are our lives and we feel so blessed to be their parents. 

We are home now bonding and all adoring our new little man.  Abigail is in love with her brother and is absolutely the best big sister.  She says the sweetest things to her brother, always wants to hold him, help mommy out, change diapers, and just adores being with him.  Our new thing is "snuggle time with Booga Bear"--her nickname for Eli"  in the mornings. 

Pictures of his birth are coming as soon as I can set up my camera to the computer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment