Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baby's Room and Baby Shower













This is a picture of Clayton's uncle, grandmother, and his cousins right before the baby shower started. No, the boys left to go do "manly things" while the girls enjoyed the baby shower. :-)

Above you will find pictures of the Baby's Nursery!! Finally we ordered the crib, the glider, and the dresser/changing table and Clayton did very well putting it all together for our baby. The bedding and curtains were ordered from Pottery Barn and they are the "Brooke Collection" so we just had to get them. The colors are very boy and girl friendly and once he or she arrives then we will spruce up the room adding a little more pinks or more blues--depending on the sex of the baby. The wicker shelves are the shelves that were ironically in my bedroom when I was a little girl. The "nit-nacs" on the shelves are my collection of "Noah's Ark". All my life, starting when I was very little, I always collected "Noah's Ark" collectables and small items. I always knew that I wanted to put them in my baby's room one day--and I thought of this when I was like 5 years old because I always knew that I wanted to be a mommy and I cannot believe that I am about to be one! What an amazing blessing and Clayton and I cannot wait to lay our little one in this beautiful crib that we put together.
Then there are some pictures of my baby shower that was held at Pappasito's Mexican Cantina---YUM YUM! I don't have that many pictures because of course my camera's battery died early on, but it was such a lovely shower that my wonderful big sister and her mother-in-law threw for me and baby. We received such wonderful gifts and I finally feel like we are ready to bring this little one home, although he or she needs to "cook" for a little while longer.
Today, I actually cut my hair very short. I donated my hair to a cancer foundation where they will make a wig out of my hair. Once I take pictures of the new "do" I will post them. I am off of work right now for the summer break since I work in the school district and man do I love this time off. My house is clean, good meals are on the table, and my dog can get some alone time with me until the baby comes. I was able to interview a few Pediatrician's and found one that I absolutely love who is a part of the Texas Children's Pediatric Associates and she is super close by to our house. :-)
I am seeing the OB doctor weekly. Last Friday I was not dilating but my cervix was 50 percent effaced. I am making a trip to the doctor tomorrow morning so I will post everyone on our progress. :-) Almost 37 weeks now--won't be too much longer!
Take care!
The Wisian's









4 comments:

  1. It's so cute!! I'm so proud of you for donating your hair! You have such beautiful hair and some woman will be so thankful to have such lushious (sp?) locks!! Can't wait to meet/see little baby girl or boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the baby's stuff looks so cute! This Grandmother is impatiently waiting to meet her new Grandson or Grandaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Clayton, this baby could be born on your Birthday! Wow, that sure is a bunch of rowdy looking party goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went through some old pictures today. It is very true that time does fly. One day they're little and need all kinds of help, and the next day they are all grown up! I enjoy being the mother of four boys, and Grandmother to one Grandson. Can't wait to see what this baby will be! Except for three nieces, all the babies have been boys. It's time for a girl. We'll see, directly, soon, I hope and pray.

    ReplyDelete