Saturday, July 11, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!!!

All dressed in her pretty little bonnet and her "I Love Daddy" onesie.


Here is a picture with my OB/GYN, Dr. Holste. I told her that I am really going to miss my weekly visits with her. She is a wonderful doctor to where she feels like a friend.











Minutes after she arrived.



One proud daddy!

We were both so overwhelmed and feel so blessed.




This is my favorite moment. The happiest moment in my life was meeting my little girl for the first time. She was looking up at me with one eye open and one eye closed. I really couldn't stopped crying--she was just so beautiful. God has truly blessed us.
Miss Abigail Lynn Wisian arrived at 5:56 AM on Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at Woman's Hospital of Texas in Houston, Texas. She weighed 7 lbs even and was 19, 3/4 inches long. I went in for a "Past Due" ultrasound on Monday morning, July 6th when the doctor noticed that my amniotic fluid was a bit low and the placenta was getting old. They went ahead an induced my labor. I received "cervadil" (spelling may be wrong) at 11:45 AM on Monday which helped soften my cervix and begin mild contractions. At 2:30 AM they removed the cervadil and found that I was only 1 cm dilated and 80 % effaced. They went ahead and put me on Pitocin and my contractions really began firing up one after the other pretty quickly. I received some pain medication but they were no match for these contractions. At about 5:15 AM the nurse suggested that I receive the Epidural because she saw my contractions were spiking one after the other and I looked uncomfortable--I was in the "transitional stage" of labor. I received the Epidural at 5:30 AM and soon after that I still kept feeling the contractions harder and harder. The nurse checked my cervix and found that I was already at 10 cm and the baby's head was already way down. This is why I was still feeling contractions because Abby was already ready to come. Within minutes the doctor was there the room was set up and 3 pushes later she arrived. I thank God that I received that Epidural just in the nic of time because if I hadn;t received it when I did I would have felt everything. Instead I felt no pain when she came out and it was so easy to do that I will definitely do it again. We are so blessed and so happy to have our little girl and couldn't think of a happier time in our lives. We will post more pictures as we take them. We love you all and thank you for your continuous support.
Love, Clayton, Brooke and little Abigail














2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!!! So sweet! I love that last picture of you and Abigail too! I can't wait to talk to you and kiss that sweet baby! Good job Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!!!! CONGRATS!!!! She is beautiful!!! I'm so excited for the both of you!!

    ReplyDelete