Well, I know that it has been quite a long time since I last posted, but things have been pretty busy here in the Wisian household. On July 6th (yes, one day before our baby girl's first birthday) we got on a plane and all flew to Denver, Colorado. Well, Abigail and mommy followed daddy to Colorado where he had to attend a work function for a couple of days; therefore, we decided to make it our family vacation out of it and Clayton took some days off after the work thing to travel around the mountains with his family. I was a nervous mama flying with my baby girl, but she did rather well on the plane--she must like to travel! It is amazing how I really didn't mind flying before I became a mother but wow, as soon as you have to put your child on a plane and feel so helpless--it is not the best experience, but we made it! Abigail and I spent July 7th together all day long. I took her out of our hotel and walked around Denver with my "big" girl in her birthday outfit. We had lunch together and then I found a bookstore and bought her a very special book for her to have from her mommy. For dinner my little sister joined all of us and we had such a wonderful time. The restaurant staff brought Abigail her first ice cream and she instantly fell in love!!!
On Friday, July 9th, we rented a car from our hotel and drove through the mountains to Winter Park, CO, where we stayed at a beautiful ski resort!!! We will definitely be going back when we can actually go skiing! We made several stops at different little towns to shop and eat and just had a ball together. The next morning we woke up early and drove through Rocky Mountain National Park. It was beautiful and really rather cold, but we all loved it! Abigail seemed like the altitude was kind of getting to her so we headed down and that same afternoon we took Abigail on a REAL steam engine train ride through the mountains in Georgetown, CO. Our short, but WONDERFUL trip ended way too quickly and we were leaving the next day---once again our Abigail did wonderfully on the plane---more vacations are to come!
Here are a few pictures from our Colorado trip this summer.
Our Resort







No comments:
Post a Comment