Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Birthday Poem For Abigail

My First Year

Before I was born my parents simply couldn't wait.
I finally arrived on July 7th, three days late.

Those first few months I didn't do much at all.
My parents were told, "Enjoy it while she's small."

At 6 months old, my doctor discovered a "click" in my left hip.
We soon headed down the road on a brand new trip.

On January 18th 2010
I woke up in a strange place with a new friend.
My mommy and daddy cried when they saw my pink spica cast.
But I soon showed them that nothing would get me down, no matter how long in would last.

For three months my legs were still.
But I never gave up because I have a strong will.

On April 14, 2010
 things changed for me once again.
My friend, Spica was removed and slowly but surely I began to move.

Now that my legs are free,
I have discovered how to scoot and finally feel like ME!

I do not know how to crawl or walk yet.
But give me time and I'll get my feet wet.

At 9 months old, my first tooth finally broke through.
And of course it did not put me in a very good mood.

Shortly after that my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th teeth came in.
And my fussiness came back again.

"Bella", "Hi", and "Bye Bye" are words I now say,
But "Daddy" is what you'll hear most of the day.

As you can see I've had a busy year.
It's hard to believe that my First Birthday is already here.

By: Abigail's mommy for her birthday
Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment