Tuesday, August 17, 2010

End of Summer Updates on the Wisian's

Well, today was my first day back at work.  I have been off since June 2, 2010 and let me tell you it was pretty hard leaving my baby girl this morning.  She and I had the most amazing summer together as we were TOGETHER the whole time and it was so hard knowing that I was not going to see her all day today!  You are probably saying to yourself, "Well why aren't you with her now?"  well, I would be but she is fast asleep--she had a busy day without mama I am guessing.  I am having to hold myself back from going into her room and waking her up just so we can play--I have missed her so! 

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and supportive husband to help me with this transition.  He is such a loving man and the most amazing father to our baby girl.  He loves how Abigail and I share so much time together.  I am still going to be working part-time this year so I will get to have two days off per week to be with our Abigail--WHAT A BLESSING!!!

I have recently started Abigail on the "Your Baby Can Read" program and I know you think it is crazy but we are already seeing Abigail make progress with the program.  She is able to imitate about 5 actions from the word cards on the 1st set of DVD/Cards, etc.  She is able to read the word, "Nose" while pointing to her nose at the same time and imitating the sound.  When she sees the word, "Cat", she immediately says, "Meow"--it is the cutest thing ever!!! She is also able to read the word, "Eyes", while pointing to her eyes.  When the words, "Arms Up" appears and after Clayton and I say the words she is able to raise her arms up!! So mainly we are really just starting with body parts and animals.  I am going to videotape her progress and upload them as soon as I can get time to do that.  I was very hesitant to start her on this program but I have seen the progress that my friends have with their children and I just had to see if Abigail would benefit from it as well.  I just want her to have any opportunity to make life a little easier down the road.  If it works, then that is great, if it does not then at least we tried it, right!

Also, Abigail is getting two more teeth which will make it a total of 6 teeth--so this baby likes to eat!  She weighs 28 pounds so there is no problem there.  I have to buy 2T and 3T outfits because she has outgrown absolutely EVERYTHING!! Another reason why I must work! :-) Her little legs get stronger and stronger everyday!  We have had to fully baby proof our home because she was getting into everything and trying to even get down the stairs.  She follows our dog, Bella, all over the house and will often feed her any left overs from her high chair.  She has learned SO much within these last few weeks it is amazing!!! Everyday it is something new and she is so excited to share it with us.  We are so proud of our sweet little girl and feel so blessed to have her in our lives.  Being her mommy is the best thing that I have and will ever do!  She brings such happiness into both our lives. 

Clayton (the love of my life) and I will also be celebrating our 4 year anniversary this Thursday!  There is not a day that passes that I do not thank God for bringing this wonderful man into my life.  He has given me more than I could have ever imagined and I pray that we will grow old together and welcome many more adventures and memories to be made!  Until next time, take care and lots of love from all of us!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Brooke, what a good mommy you are and I know Abigail adores you!!! Happy Anniversary to you and Clayton as well!

    It took Carter a while to get to where he is with YBCR and I thought for a while he wasn't picking it up, but if you stick with it, I think you'll be impressed! Which reminds me I need to bust out the cards again tomorrow. We've kind of slacked off the past week.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete