Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Abigail's First Halloween and Texas Renaissance Festival

Well the Wisian's had a crazy and exciting weekend as I am sure everyone did for Halloween! It was Abigail's very first Halloween so of course we went all out. Back in September Clayton and I bought both Bella and Abigail matching ladybug costumes; however, Abigail was WAAAYY too big to fit into her costum but we of course dressed Bella up in her costume and there are pictures to prove it. Since Abigail already outgrew her costume we had to quickly come up with another one for our little cutie, so we got to thinkin'. Abigail truly loves the "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" cartoon that comes on every morning on Disney's Playhouse. It is terrible but when she is fussy and nothing else seems to work, we put the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on and instantly she stops, coos, and smiles at her Mickey and Minnie Mouse. I have video to prove it and I am trying to figure out how to download videos onto the blog because it is the funniest thing. I feel bad because when I am getting ready for work in the mornings Abigail keeps herself entertained for awhile with Mickey and Minnie. Therefore, I of course knew that Abigail just HAD to be Minnie Mouse for Halloween!!!

Abigail and mommy made Halloween cookies while daddy drove to College Station for the Aggie game. When he got home we all jumped in the car and went to my sister's house to go trick-o-treating with my niece and nephew and some other friends. Ashleigh, our neice, really loves her cousin Abigail and can always make her smile.

After a long evening of getting way too much candy we decided to head to the Texas Renaissance Festival on Sunday since it was an absolutely beautiful day here in Houston. Abigail was awake through the whole day--not wanting to miss a thing of course. She finally fell asleep towards the very end of the day. It was a great day spent with her Grandpa Don--we had such a good time that I think we will be going back this year. :-)

Here is a picture of my dad, crazy Grandpa Don getting ready to throw axes at the Texas Renaissance Festival on Sunday.

Abigail finally taking her nap on Sunday at the Festival. It was like she was doing all she could to stay awake so she wouldn't miss anything. :-)


Here is my handsome husband throwing knives at the festival. Throwing the knives were a lot harder than the axes.




Mommy, Abigail and Daddy together. Abigail is sitting on her daddy's shoulders (note how she is looking at the action--see what I mean about not wanting to miss anything!)



Ashleigh and Abigail buddies already! Ashleigh was a little mermaid for Halloween--soo precious!


Ashleigh making Abigail laugh in her Minnie Mouse dress.

Ashleigh, Garrett (as a marine) and friends getting ready to go get some candy.

My girls.

My little sunshine girl helping her mommy bake some yummy halloween cookies in her costume. We had a girls day in the kitchen--such a good helper.


Here is Bella all dressed up. It took Clayton quite awhile to finally get Bella in her Ladybug costume and once it was on her, Bella just stood there and didn't move a muscle. I think she was a little freaked out on having to dress up. :-) Made a great memory though.

Our Bella Hound Dog (as Clayton calls her)



Clayton stuggling to put on her gear.

Still working at it...






Here is Abigail in her Ladybug costume. The only think that would semi-fit was the head piece, but there was absolutely no way we could fit her body in the suit. She has gotten SO big and is outgrowing everything. I am so happy she is growing.






























Abigail dressed in her "My First Halloween" onesie to go out to eat with her mommy and daddy on Friday night.



































All bundled up to go on a family walk around the neighborhood.









We love the memories that we are making as a family---they are simply priceless and we cannot wait to share them all with you. :-) Happy Halloween everyone!!



No comments:

Post a Comment