Saturday, April 10, 2010

Our Buggie

She is becoming such a big girl holding her sippy cup; however, little Abigail does not  necessarily enjoy drinking from the sippy cup.  She rather drink from a straw or the cup itself--such a big girl!
Still kickin' it in her spica!!
She loves teething biscuits!

Okay, so I will try to update you on our little girl's latest development and progress since my last blog.  (Abigail is sitting on my lap right now and doing all she can to grab the keyboard so this blog may be short)  Anyway, our little buggie's first tooth poked through on April 7, 2010!!! We are so proud of this little tooth and I cannot wait to brush it!! Of course we had a nice big poopy pants with the arrival of that first tooth and of course this all had to happen when she is in her spica so naturally the poop went all over her back, legs and everwhere else it could fit!  I spent two hours trying to clean the best I could--I used everything I could think of to get the poop out but I know there has to be still some in that left leg where the cast prevents me from getting to.  It will be so lovely to see what that little leg looks like when they remove the cast. :-(
On another positive note, since Abigail has been in the cast her fine motor and language skills have developed far beyond her age.  Her pediatrician was impressed with her development and skills in these areas.  It is partly due to of course our daughter just being so naturally smart but also because she is in the spica cast and when other babies are more focused with learning how to crawl and walk, our little Abigail is more concerned with mastering what she has work with--her little hands and her voice.  She has learned how to prop herself up while sitting on the couch and when a toy falls out of her reach she stabilizes her entire body with her right hand while she bends her whole upper body down and picks up the toy with her left hand and then brings herself back to sitting upright.  Her motor planning has gotten so much better during these past few months.  We have been so incredibly blessed with this beautiful baby girl and we love watching her grow everyday.  It is truly amazing how children really do learn something new everyday--so inspiring!

1 comment:

  1. Almost done with the cast right? Hang in there. Seems she has adapted well despite the unfortunate circumstances!:)

    ReplyDelete