Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 3 : My First Love

Well, this is one easy question to answer.  Before my first love came into my life I did have other boyfriends.  Yes, I dated other guys and none of them were "the one"--not even close.  However, I strongly feel that every relationship leads you to the "one" God made for you.  With each relationship that I was in before I met my first love, I learned a lot about myself and I could define who I really was as a person. To me, I feel that it is very important for one to truly know who they are before their "first love" comes into the picture.

Okay, okay, enough with the suspense. :-)  You must know that my first love and my forever love is my sweet Clayton.  He is everything that is right in my life.  I've loved him since the day I met him--I just knew there was something different about this one.   I remember when we first started dating I kept thinking, "please, Brooke do not mess this one up because he is someone special"  I knew I wanted to be with him forever, but never did I dare tell him these feelings until much later--only to find that he was thinking  the same. :-)  During my first trip down to his hometown of Nordheim, Texas, when I first met his wonderful family, I kept thinking, "Clayton is going to marry a lucky girl one day to be able to call these people her in-laws"  I was secretly hoping that lucky girl was going to be me--but at that point we had only been dating for two weeks. :-)

He is the love of my life and I will love him forever.  God has brought us together.  I remember standing at the alter, holding my sweetheart's hands while saying my vows, I felt the presence of God through and through and just knew everything was alright in the world because we were finally together.  Clayton and I laugh together saying that the angels danced in heaven the night we met because they knew that their hard work was complete. ;-)  I love you, my sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment