My dad, my sisters, April and Sydney, Clayton, Abigail and I all recently went to lunch together on Clayton's day off. It was so nice to be together with family--this was really a great day for us! :-)
So now I will catch you up on Abigail's development and what she is currently doing.
MOTOR: Abigail is crawling and scooting everywhere! She is so fast and of course wants to get into everything that is dangerous. Baby proofing our home is something we are constantly doing because she is so smart and will try to peel off the electric plug holders, open the gate at the top of the stairs, open the cabinets, etc. We are trying to "out smart" our 16 month old! She has begun to pull herself up against/on furniture, such as the couch, ottoman, etc. She will initiate and sustain a half-kneeling position (the propose kneel) She has begun to bear weight bilaterally on her legs in standing more and more everyday while mommy and daddy support her under her arms. She is building strength in her legs more and more everyday and we are soooo proud of her. It is amazing to see the progress she has made since being in that nasty cast for so long. I just cannot believe what she has accomplished on her own in these short months. Just imagine being immobile for 3 months of your life before you ever really moved and having to learn how to walk when you have never done so--just the uncertainty of doing so might scare you, but slowly she is pushing through on her own and learning more and more about what she is capable of doing. I hope she knows how proud we are of her--she has already overcome more than I have in her short life. She is so much stronger than I ever could be. She is our strength in our lives.
LANGUAGE: My goodness, our little girl sure can talk!! She is our little parrot--repeats everything we say. Here is a list of some of the words she is saying now.
1 Want Waga "Want water"
2. Aggies
3. It stinks
4. Boo boo--for poo poo
5. Baby
6. Nose
7. Toes
8. Bella
9. Mommy and daddy
10. Yia Yia and Papaw
11. Nana
12. Ashleigh (her cousin)
13. Belly
14. Tee tee
15. Ishie the fishie
16. Ear
17. Cheese
18. "What's that mommy"
19. Apple
20. Cracker
21. Cookie
22. Hello
23. High five
14. Wrecking Crew--while holding her hand up to symbolize "wrecking crew"--I am NOT kidding!
FINE MOTOR: Her new favorite thing is to color using crayons. We think she is going to be right handed because when you place an object in her left hand she always transfers the object into her right hand. She then initiates a pretty good tripod grasp--advanced for her age (I know this because for my job I am very familiar with pencil grasps and know exactly where Abigail should be at and she is 2 years above where she needs to be fine motor wise.) As I write Abigail is sitting on my lap coloring on a piece of paper using a pen. :-)
She has used the potty several times and we are working on toilet training now.
That is all for now and Abigail is getting a little restless on mommy's lap so we are going to go do my favorite thing in the world--play!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment